Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i have a tampon stuck inside me?

i had a night without my son for the first time in months, so me and the SO had a wine and movie night. We had a little too much to drink and got intimate. But it wasn't until after wards that i forgot i was on my period. im pretty sure i had a tampon in and forgot to take it out. what am i supposed to do now?!? im too embarrassed to go to the doctor :\ what will happen if it stays in there too long??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

Answers (6)
  • no, seriously....if you can't fish it out yourself go to your doctor...that could be really bad

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

  • if it stay sin there too longs you can get TSS

    u need to see you gynecologist and they'll remove it

    theyve seen it many times so dont be embarrassed

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

  • I thought this happened to me once and I went to the Dr.. There was no tampon in there-very embarrassing. Don't leave it in their any longer as the smell will be horrific!!!
    Take a bath maybe that will soften it up and it will come down??? I don't know...I would just go to the dr.

    Answer by theutilitarian at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

  • i would be sitting on my hand trying to get it out with m fingers lol good luck!

    Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

  • doctors have seen a lot worse than a tampon stuck up there. people have stuck worse up there and gotten it stuck. go to the doctor. health before pride. don't be like all those men who have breast cancer and aren't treated cause they're too embarassed about it

    Answer by aliishott2 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

  • I would sit stand with one foot on the toilet and lean over and reach two fingers in as far as you can and see if you can feel it. It is very unlikely that it would have gone through your cervix and that is the best position to get the farthest. If you can not feel it to get it out you do need to go to the dr. as a PP was right and you will get TSS.

    Answer by shaleesha2 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.