AARP Home Insurance

My home insurance company has raised rates by almost $150 after raising them by $80 last year. Is this a trend and is anybody else here facing the same problem? I've neevr made a claim in the 15 yaers that I've been with them and now they say rates have gone up for everything. I've recetly joined AARP and am thinking of taking up their home insurance. Does anybody have any experience with AARP insurance?

DANA_MARIN

Asked by DANA_MARIN at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• They have a right to raise there rate every so often. You can always shop around to get the best deal. Just remember just because someone is the cheapest does not mean they are the best. Make sure they cover everything you want them to cover before you pick one.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My parents are with AARP and use both the car and home insurance. It’s actually through The Hartford. I have my car insured through The Hartford too (though not through AARP) and find them quite good. Don’t know if this is really going to be of any help to you though:).

hesterfoster

Answer by hesterfoster at 5:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2010