Are they real?

If you grow out your fingernails and get them pretty long and start putting the porcelin or acrylic overlay on them are they considered your real fingernails or not?

angie729

Asked by angie729 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• no because yotu have acrylic over them
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• kind of
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not in my opinion
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I put acrylic over my nails and do not consider them real at all. I say that because my actual nail bed is so thin and unhealthy that it is barely a nail. They look great but boy do they do some damage!
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• AS LONG AS U DONT HAVE FAKE TIPS ON THEM THEN YEAH THEIR URS. PUTTING AN ACRYLIC OVERLAY ON THEM IS JUST ENSURING THEY DONT BREAK AND TO ME THAT IS NO DIFF THAN USING CLEAR STRENGTHINING POLISH TO DO THE SAME JOB. THE ACRYLIC IS JUST A DOUBLE REINFORCEMENT TO SAVE UR NAILS. SO YEAH THERE STILL URS
    Mz_Momm25

Answer by Mz_Momm25 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I get my nails done every 2 weeks, iv tried and tried to grown them out on their own but they are so thin and always break so i gave up and started getting my nails done, but i love it, its something that is tooo relaxing to me lol!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't get it. Why would you get acrylic nails if your nails are long to begin with? My nails are long and I keep them polished to prevent breaking. Yes sometimes I do break one but it always grows back.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• still fake, and you'll ruin your nails for no reason really.

If you want them so they don't chip you can get them wrapped (still damaging to the natural nail and will need to be touched up every 2-4 weeks).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• both
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• not
    klianemcb2

Answer by klianemcb2 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2010