Step children

I guess this really isn't a question I just need some suggestions. I have been married for 5 years and my husband has 2 children ages 5 an 8. Me and my husband have 1 daughter she's 3. Now my situation is I dont feel love for his girls I care but can't seem to bond with them the 8 yr old has an attitude of a 15 yr old. She'll glare at me like she wants to kill me or mumble under her breath about me. I dont know what to do with them. I get angry allll the time with them which leads to yelling. My husband thinks I need medication because I dont want to do stuff with them...i must be a bad person. Should I just give up and move on???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know how long they have been divorced. Or do the girls live you you guys? I know when my mom married my step father I hated his guts. I thought he was going to take my mom away from me. Like she had been a real mother anyway. But the fact of the matter is that kids think alot differently than adults. They think Maybe mom and dad can work things out and get back together or something. But when you came along and you and their dad got married they thought you are just trying to step in as mom. Maybe yall need to sit down and have a family meeting and see how the girls feel about the two of you being together. Or maybe their Mother is telling them they do not have to listen you . Good luck I hope it gets better for you all.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• well i have a similar situation . My DH has a 9 year old and we have a 6 and 5 year old. Most of the time she does as I ask and not question me. But sometimes when I try to tell her something she gives me the glare and will just pretend to ignore me. Many times we have told her that her mom and my DH will never be able to work it out and she just needs to understand that I am here and will do all that I can for.
    As far as not bonding with them. some things that we have done in the past is just us take a day out and go shopping. Or go into the kitchen and make cookies. Those are always the best times no matter how stresses may come.
    Hope it all works out, and if you need someone to vent to you can always leave me message
    rainfey

Answer by rainfey at 8:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks for your responses...Ive been with him ever since the girls were 3 and 1 so they are used to me...just seems like they don't respect me I think i will try to do more girlie things with them will make us all get along better.
    analisha54469

Answer by analisha54469 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010