just found out that my boyfriend has a child that he is not sure if it is his or not

iyet he still gives the woman money or helps her out. its not making sense. he doesnt care if its his or not because hes doing a gd deed by helping a single mom. what the hell!!! hes twice my age may i add and is a cheif of police. i know im right when i say that her being even a small bit in his life is wrong since we have gotten serious. im not craz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• he thinks that the kids should have a male figure and is attached to him, so i can see it. my husbands is 15 yrs older then me and is chief of the fire department and is doing the same thing. but it doesn't bother me because he is with me and i knw it. also she and the kid was in his life first before me so it isn't my say he is his own person. and i think your guy knows that it is his child if not the as the chief of police he would ask proof and have a blood test done if he doesn't do that then he knows it is his. now in our situation the kid isn't my husbands because he had the test and he is still helping because he was and is the only man in the kids life and i support him 100% it's his decision and also he only does it for the kid and not the mom....
    leanghiapii

Answer by leanghiapii at 1:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I guess its his decision. Maybe hes attached to the kid so he doesn't want to know. He just wants the kid to know someday that in the end he loved them, and thats what mattered.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Because of his job he might be trying to avoid some kind of scandal. If that is in fact his child then she has to be in his life. If this isn't his child then you would be right in asking him to not have contact with this woman.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with Lucas. It may not be his kid biologically, but if he has spent time with the kid and helped raised the child this far and wants to continue than he is doing a great thing for that kid. The mom may have made mistakes but the kid should not have to be abandoned by some one they got attached to because of it. I think it says great things about him that he is not walking out on the child.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• well hes never been in this childs life actually. the woman jus said it may be his when her husband got jailed so to me it looks like shes just looking for a meal ticket. he didnt even know he could of been the father until that womans husband got jailed. now all of a sudden she thinks my boyfriend is the father. i dont know......
    crisaiden

Answer by crisaiden at 8:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2010