Why do some men not want to have sex when your pregnant?

I am in my third trimester. My fiancee travels for his job so I only see him 7 days out of a month. Before I got pregnant and in my first and secound trimester, we were having crazy fun sex. Every since I hit my third trimester, he doesnt like having sex and I want it all the time.
He gives it to me when he is home maybe about every other day which is fine but he isnt turned on and he only gives it to me because I pout or want it.
We have only been together for a year so I have been pregnant most of the time.
Why is he so turned off? Why do some men not want to have sex? Will this completely change our relationship after the babies born? Ugh, so many questions. I just want it to be back to normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's because they're scared they're going to hurt the baby. My Husband didn't mind as much when I was pregnant with my son, but when I was pregnant with my daughter he said he felt wrong because our daughter was in my tummy. We talked about it, and he got over it. Hope this helps a bit.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• some are creeped out by the fact that theres some1 else in the picture. my fiance is the exact opposite, i'm almost 9 months and he can't keep his hands off me which sucks because i lost my sex drive with this pregnancy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i don't think it will completely change your relationship. Many men feel like they will hurt the baby by having sex and is less likely to be turned on knowing his manhood is right by his child's head...it's very irrational.. just talk to him about it. Maybe he is just having many mixed emotions.. I hope for the best with your family!
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I dunno, I'm still trying to figure out why some women want to have sex pregnant...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• maybe cause its harder in the 3rd trimester with the baby in the way. they cant do it as hard and however they want. it will go back to regular after u have the baby.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They get scared that their awesome lump of man meat is going to damage the baby somehow. You mean...you think your weak wang is going to be felt through vaginal walls, several layers of muscle, the skin of the placenta, and some amniotic fluid? Pffffft.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 3:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He may be completely freaked out by the reality of the baby, and perhaps regretting his decision to have a baby so early in your relationship.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• take your honey with you to the doctor or get some information on sex and being pregnant. maybe if he read the infor he won't think having sex with you is wrong.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my husband was the same way with our first!!!! the WHOLE pregnancy we may have had sex 5 times!!! This time around he can't keep his hands off me lol I asked why and he said I don't know... although this time it is almost 6 years later maybe he is just smarter! lol either way I like it!!! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It could be he is afraid of hurting the baby, or it could be that being 3rd trimester the baby bump is definitely there and he is not sure how to work around it, or it could be that seeing the baby bump turns his sex drive off and triggers him to think about other things-- like impending fatherhood and responsibilities. Have you talked to him about this and how your feel? If not I think you should.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010