Natrual brith or pain meds??

I tried with both my children to go natural, then it was too much so I had them inject my iv with some pain meds that does NOT help with the pain lol.. it just makes you feel like your an extremely stoned woman trying to give birth. I had an epidural for both of my kids at the LAST moment. for my 2 child, I had an epidural at 8 centimeters!! I know close huh?? What do you want to do or what did you do?? OOOHH!!! Anyone do water births??

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Meds Please!!
    KittenLangley

Answer by KittenLangley at 1:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i had pain meds and a epidural too
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 1:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had both of my kids natural, the thought of having a needle stuck in my spine scared me so I went with the pain of natural birth.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have to be induced (due to hormonal issues) so I get to have the epidural when ever I want... I have had 2 completely pain free births with the older two and I am going the same route with this one. When I get my first pain, I have them give me the epi. I sit back and enjoy cable for the next few hours and take a nap... they wake me when it's time to push!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Natural for 30 hours then had to have a c-section :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had dd naturally in a bathtub. I went to a freestanding birthing center with a midwife so I didn't have the option of asking for pain meds lol. I had all back labor and the tub made a huge difference. The hot water felt so good and really did help.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i plan on having an all natural water birth. I don't know if the water birth part will happen but i do NOT want meds. ...but if i'm in labor for more than 2 days i'll probably ask for some kind of pain relief.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I tried to go without pain meds, but at about 9-10 pm I decided to try the iv meds so that I could try to sleep. They wore off and the pain was way intense and I was stuck in bed because I had to be on my side and on the monitors the whole time. So since they were saying that I was going to be in labor for probably another 12-16 hours, I decided to get an epidural. Had I known then that I would go from 4cm (right after I got the epidural) to 10cm in less than 2 hours I would have stuck it out. 3 hours after the epidural, my dd was born.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My labor was only an hour with DD #1 and 1 1/2 hours with DD #2. By the time I arrived at the hospital with both of them I was 10cm and they couldn't give me anything. I think if I could have a choice I would go natural.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had my first two births at the hospital.  Both with epidurals. It wasn't what I wanted but it is what happened.

I had my second two children at home. Naturally of course. It was absolutely awesome.

For those wanting to have a natural childbirth experience I sugest a few things. 1. hypnobirthing. 2. don't lay around in bed unless that is actually comfortable for you...in birth you need to be able to move as needed. the least painful positions are the best for you. 3. do not push lying on your back. hands and knees are the best position. 4. if at all possible get a midwife and stay out of the hospital...a lot of the hospital regulations actually cause more complications than should normally happen.

SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010