who believes in giving birth at home rather than hosiptal and why??

Or who is against it?? What about the moms who do the "no assistance births"??

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hospital please!!! I had preeclampsia and if anything had gone wrong my baby or I, or both, could have died without medical intervention. Thankfully it didn't come to that, but without blood pressure meds and monitoring by the docs it could have.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am glad both of you are okay!!
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I plan to give birth at home with the assistance of a midwife. I feel it is safer for most woman with low risk pregnancies (and statistics back this up)

Woman who feel comfortable enough to go unassisted, well, good for them. I'd be too scared. But some of them know what they are doing. And as long as they really do know what they are doing then who am i to say they shouldn't do it?

There is nothing wrong with someone having a baby in the hospital if that's where they feel most comfortable. There is nothing wrong with ANY of these choices as long as the women are informed. Unfortunately, that's where we fall short in most cases.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm for what mom wants. I would LOVE to have a home birth (with a midwife) but i'm considered a "high risk delivery" because of my history of PP hemorrhage.

Since I can't have one, I have an AWESOME OB with a really low C-Section rate who doesn't push for inductions, and so far, he's been completely accommodating to all my birthing wishes. He always loves hearing about the stats and such that I bring in regarding interventions and such, and really takes time to understand where i'm coming from. I don't think there is another OB out there quite like him.

My only wish is that more women were better educated about birth, and what consists a true medical reason for inductions and C-Sections. But, it's not my body, baby, or birth, so I can only help to inform those who WANT info. I hope EVERY woman gets the birth she so desires, no matter who delivers the baby, or where baby is born.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010