would you call the cops on neighbors for shooting fireworks? if where you lived it were illegal?

I'm just wondering how many people would call? We are planning on doing some this year. We've had neighbors call the cops once. Not these neighbors...the cops just asked us not to do anymore..they were nice.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I wouldnt. Thats kinda dumb.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Honestly as long as they were not shooting them at my house or doing it while drunk off their rears and putting someone in danger then no i wouldnt call.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• honestly no i wouldnt unless it was 3am and they were REALLY loud, which i doubt any are.....id call for loud music before i called for fireworks EVEN if they are/were ilegal..
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't, no. It's illegal where I live, but people set them off all the time. Now, if they were shooting them off next to one of the fields, or mountainside where our brush is ALWAYS super dry at this time of year, I probably would. That's just a major fire hazard...but in your own backyard? Go for it.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't, but that's me! I expect it during this holiday and throughout the summer:)

Last year we went to a friends house in town and were lighting them off. The police just happened to be in the area and stopped by-he was very cool about it and just told us to settle down a bit;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Of course not! They're just having some fun, remember before you became a mom, and had soo much fun and did whatever you want? Now, if a fire starts, then call the cops! But, just let them have fun.
    ^^ I wrote this before I read the rest of your question:)
    I doubt anyone will, most people agree that fun is better than cop calling!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 1:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would not unless... You were going to cause a fire or damage my home or landscaping. I might even come out and plop down in my lawn chair and enjoy! Hehe!
    ananda2008

Answer by ananda2008 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Only if it was REALLY late and if there was a burn ban due to lack of rain.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is illegal here for just about anything beyond sparklers... And some assholes around here start that crap in Oh, May! Drives me up the wall. But since we don't have local police, there isn't a point in calling... Even when we did have locals, the didn't care... So I never saw a reason to call...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't unless the people setting them off were being really stupid about it and possibly putting other people/houses in danger... but then I would in that case even if it was legal.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 1:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010