I'm about 5 weeks pregnant, and started spotting! Help!

I haven't had my period since 22 April. I found out I was pregnant on 22 June, and we thought I was about 9 weeks pregnant, but I went in for an ultrasound on Friday morning (25th), and they couldn't find my baby. (Pee test and Blood test came out positive (220 Hcg level on the 24th))
Also, I started to cramp during the 15 minute ultrasound...
Tonight, I go to the bathroom, and I see pink blood on the TP... It was only a little bit, but I'm worried!
Could this be the beginning stages of a miscarriage, or is it normal to not have a period for over 2 months and then start spotting?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 1:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am thinking it could be because of the ultra sound then. When this happened to me and they were checking to see if he was still in me, the doctor was so rough that it made me hurt when I was done. But it wasn't my body that made it that was it was the doctor who made it hurt. I would go back in and have them do a HCG test and then a second one three days later, by then a healthy pregnancy HCG level should just about double. I hope this helps you out, and I hope the best for your little one.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had the same thing happen to me... Everything was normal but make sure course call ur doctor
    Parkersmama138

Answer by Parkersmama138 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• When I was 6 weeks with my second baby I had this big gush of blood, but he was totally fine. It scared me half to death. But hes here now. Lets see.. They told me spotting is considered normal in the early stages, unless you cramp. That cramping is a sign of miscarriage. Not always spotting. Hope that helps.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It's probably just irritation from the ultra sound. If it's heavy or bright red call your doctor or you can go to the ER to confirm a miscarriage if you would like but at this stage there is nothing they can do to stop it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Its normal. Its nothing to be worried about until its bright red. You could just be spotting from the ultrasound. I had a little bleeding around 6 wks and my little girl was just fine.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am cramping, have been since the ultrasound, which started to cramp while she was pushing that tube inside me):
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 1:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010