Don't you feel safe now?

I know I do...the USA & DHS are so brilliant. I know I feel so much safer with them on the job.
The story I'm going to share has already spread to international news outlets; cool now the whole world knows we really mean business.
(*note: ^ heavy on the sarcasm*)
___________

US puts 6-yr-old on 'no fly' list

Alyssa Thomas, 6, is under spotlight of the US government, her family recently came to know that she is on the "no fly" list maintained by the US homeland security on the grounds of having suspected ties to terrorists.

Alyssa received a letter from the government, notifying her that nothing will be changed and they won't confirm nor deny any information they have about her or someone else with the same name.

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sounds fair to me. terrorists could easily strap her with something and send her on her way.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• More digging will probably reveal her identity was stolen by someone who is tied to a terrist group--in that case, you should feel safer.

And I have never felt in danger while living in this country.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• terrorist---(my eyes are not cooperating with my fingers tonight)
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How did they come to this conclusion? Kinda silly if you ask me.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Good point youngwifey!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

________
    Then wouldn't it make sense to have her family also on the no-fly list...you know the people she was traveling with?

More digging will probably reveal her identity was stolen by someone who is tied to a terrist group--in that case, you should feel safer.
    ______________

Safer because a 6yr old isn't allowed to fly? Nope sorry not really happening...quite the opposite actually it makes me feel as though the people responsible for this have zero grasp on common sense and are incompetent. But that's just me.
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• ^^ I should have added to my last reply if it were a case of a stolen identity surely they could resolve that and lift this 6 yr old's ability to fly; say by confirming her age and other details rather than simply banning her from travel with her family; note that the DHS said they have no plans to change her status...
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This isnt the only child witht his problem there was a story last year about a boy and what his parents got hrough every time they fly which is often. Many people have the exact same name.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would think it would make you feel safe. I mean they arent taking any chances and I think thats how it should be. They arent saying oh shes 6 so shes safe. But since it is most likely a mix up im sure it can be fixed.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I heard about this. Honestly it doesn't make me feel very confidant. Unless I've missed something no one has come out with anything tangible showing her ties to any terrorist other than her name.

And as far as "safer" goes...if an American child can be "strapped with bombs by terrorist and sent our way" we've got a huge national security issue on our hands that's much bigger than a 6 year old being on the no-fly list.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2010