why is color still an issue today?

Its so stupid that color is an issue. It drives me up the walls. Some people in DH family are bad about it. We are all the same race made in Gods image. I think I am teaching my kids right though! Today my son asked me why some people are black.I told him how I believe about everyone being created in Gods image and that some people are dark bc of were they come from its needed like in hot places. He tells me he wouldn't mind being black.

crazymom21

Asked by crazymom21 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your son's response was adorable! Diversity is what makes this world so great. Unfortunately, ignorance exists and some people don't know that diversity is to be embraced and not feared.
    mama_cheyanne

Answer by mama_cheyanne at 1:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Because people are idiots!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't think color is so much of an issue but social status is more important today. I'm more interested in someone's education level, lifestyle, and character than what color they are. Racism is everywhere though. I generally stay away from people/places where the people are so uneducated or ignorant that color is an issue for them.
    ananda2008

Answer by ananda2008 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I totally agree sabrina!!! :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sadly, in too many families, hatred is a family value.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• what is your question?
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• who, what, when where, why, how are the beginning of questions. My question was WHY is color still an issue today? I also wanted to share what my son said :)
    crazymom21

Comment by crazymom21 (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• rolling on floor

lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 2:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Because thats the way people were raised and instead of realizing that maybe it wasn't the correct way to be taught they are passing those views to their children.
    I think what your son said is so cute! When my dd asked why my friend was black I just told her it was because she has a black mommy and a black daddy and that seemed to answer the question for now.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010