Want to have another baby but just not sure?!

We have a 3 year old boy :) and he's definitely a hand full most of the time:) he's verryy curious! So I have been trying potty training he just does not want it :( and course life in general is hectic but good.. I've also lived with my rents for a while my husband was deployed and well we move in oct and first time in over a year being under one roof again and things have changed.. Were kinda different parenting wise too.. With bills and a
busy 3 year old and family adjustments why do I have the urge to have a baby?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have heard multiple times that you think you are done having kids and then your youngest turns 2 or 3 and you get baby fever like crazy... the whole biological clock and all.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 1:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm dealing with the same thing, but as soon as I get to thinking I want another our 3 year old brings me back to reality. lol!

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This is TOTALLY JMO but I don't think our bodies know about any birth control other than breastfeeding. The body still ovulates, it's still fertile and for many of us there is just this strong desire to concieve just like men have that natural desire to "plant their seed."

I will say that my DD was 2.5 years old when my son was born and it was PERFECT timing. She has been SO wonderful with him BUT if you have doubts it's IMPORTANT to deal with them before getting pregnant.

Oh and by the way your the only one I've ever seen refer to parents are "rents" other than my little sister so that gave me a good laugh. Thanks!! :)
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ah. The baby rabies. Happens to most people. My advice? If you're not 100% sure that you want another one, don't do it! You can always talk to your hubby too and see how he feels. Maybe discussing it with him would help solidify a decision either way.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Honestly... I think that the desire to have a baby should not be strongly linked with money. It should be based on wanting another child.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I got massive baby fever about the time my son turned 2. We'd already talked about TTC when he was 2.5, but that was a long wait. hehe I wasn't even 100% sure I wanted another baby either; I just had the fever! On days when my son was acting out, I would think "OMG, I can't do this again." We did get pregnant right away when he was 2.5 (baby is now 5 months old), and I think if we waited until this year to get pregnant, we wouldn't have done it. We hit the terrible 3s about 4 months ago, and that would have been birth control enough for me. hehe
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010