Anybody ever had or known anyone who used hypnobirthing?

I would really love to try this, but would like to know if it is worth it before i pay so much for the classes. i had both of my daughters naturally, but would love to be able to control the pain a little better.

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 1:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used Hypnobabies and it was AMAZING!!!

You really can have a pain free or nearly pain free birth by using the techniques. I also had a doula who is a hypnobabies instuctor so that was extra helpful but I would recommend it to anyone.

I had a really amazing birth.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I haven't done it, but i'm starting to look into it as we're expecting in October. You can buy the book on amazon.com for like $15. I don't know if it would have the same effect as taking an actual class, but since you've already gone un-medicated, it would probably be more helpful to you, than to someone like me, who's always had an epidural (i'm planning a med free birth...like always, lol).
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would suggest buying the whole kit if you go the Hypnobabies route vs Hypnobirthing route because it comes with all the Cd's which you will NEED during labor.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• what's the difference going to a hypnobirthing class and ordering hypnobabies?
    young-not-dumb

Comment by young-not-dumb (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i know someone you used hypnobabies and loved it. i don't really know the specifics of either so i can't tell the difference but i think hypnobabies has more tracks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010