How Would You Like To Disiplin Your Child??!!..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dicispline my daughter by lectures. She hates the lectures and will give in to any of my demands. I usually lecture between half an hour to an hour and a half.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 2:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• rolling on floor

lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 2:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well it depends on your daughters age, if lecturing is appropriate. I think you should go by the age appropriate attention span of the child and stop lecturing after that. Most children can't pay attention for an hour and a half. Also, this is not really "discipline". Discipline is more or less, consequences for poor choices. For example, time out, removing privileges etc. Hope this helps! Wish parenting came with a handbook...sigh LOL.
    ananda2008

Answer by ananda2008 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• what did they do wrong? how old are they? in my house there is no one punishment fits all crimes lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i would like to not discipline at all. i would like for my children to magically grow into wonderful, responsible adults, but this will not happen :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I send to the corrnor, they hate it, my kids are 10 and 6, and also spank if I have to tell them more than twice to knock something off.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I find taking away stuff works wonders. Telling my son that he can't help cook dinner is about the most serious punishment I can hand out and it's one that actually benefits me too unlike a lot of punishments that wind up putting mommy out. Stuff like time outs or being sent to his room never works, it just doesn't bother him. I would never spank because I'm a decent person therefore I don't believe in hitting children.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• For me, discipline iis about teaching my child self-control instead of teaching them to avoid punishment. Having good self-control is the basis for having good-self esteeme. So I use several techiniques, including reinforcing positive behavior and praising when they've demonstrated control. I try to catch my children doing good things and complement them every day (and sometiems I give them the oppotunity to demonstrate good behavior). I give them valid alternatives to do instead of bad behavior as a way of dealing with their feelings of anger or frustration (drawing 'mad pictures' or yelling into a pillow instead of hitting). And when necessary I take away privledges. I've even asked my kids that since they know what they did was wrong, what do they think would be a fair punishment. Consistancy is important - children need to know what to expect.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I try to teach my daughters how to take care of things themselves. It's a slow process with a lot of kinks to work out, since I have a 2 year old and a six week old (who is still in NICU). One of the biggest things for us is teaching her that it's okay to have feelings about something, but that there are appropriate ways of dealing with them. Whining at Mommy, for example, is not an appropriate way to handle being sad.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010