High Fever no other symptoms

My two year old has had a high fever sinse last night. So about 27 hours now... she has no other symptoms besides the fever. When she woke up this morning she said "Ow Mommy it hurts it hurts" But she couldnt show me where... I figured it was her skin. (My skin hurts when I have a fever) It breaks my heart to see her so miserable. She hardly ever takes naps and she's taken like 5 or 6 today. Any ideas of why it could be happening or any advice? Thankyou!

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 2:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How high is her fever? I would be worried and take her in. What if it is her gall bladder? If it ruptures it can be fatal. My daughter had a high fever and it ended up being a kidney infection and she needed antibiotics. She had no other symptoms. When fevers get to high you have to worry about seizures too. I would take her in to the emergency room. Better safe than sorry.
    momto1girl3boys

Answer by momto1girl3boys at 2:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• could also be a ear infection, or something else where the other symptoms havent surfaced yet. There are so many other things that cause pain witha fever i agree better safe than sorry take her to the ER just to be safe.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• how high is the fever? how old is she? try again to get her to pinpoint an area of pain, just in case. my skin hurts with a fever too! have you been giving fever reducers?
    it is awful when our lo's are hurting!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My son actually had this happen a couple of weeks ago. He was running a fever of about 103.2, it would go down with fever reducer to about 100. It lasted a couple of days and I took him into the Doctors. They checked him over because he had no other symptoms and was drinking and "acting normal". They told me there are a lot of different viral infections going around, but you always want to take them in. better to be safe then sorry. It went away and he is fine now. I agree with the others, it could be an ear infection or something more serious, or possibly just a virus that needs to run its course. Good luck momma. I hope she feels better soon.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This happened to my daughter last month. She woke up from her daily nap burning up. She hadn't had any symptoms before her nap. Her fever was at 102.3 I called her pediatrician and he said that if she wasn't vomiting then it probably wasn't serious. She didn't get better so I took her to the doctor's and it turns out she had Tonsilitis. She was on Antibiotics for two weeks. He said that they can come down with it, within a few hours of being exposed to someone who has it. Usually there aren't many symptoms. You should take her to the doctor. Hope she gets better.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 3:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010