Pediasure bad for you?

I have a 2 year old son who dosen't like to eat. I began to worry that he wasn't getting the right nutrients he needed after he began to get white patchy spots on his face. I have read everywhere that he won't starve just let mother nature take place, stop stressing he will come around but when your 2 year old hasn't had anything to eat in 3 days other then 2-3 bottles of 2% milk I stressed. So I decided to buy him Pediasure. He drinks 3 a day ,still dosent want to eat food. After 3 weeks of being on Pediasure he began to throw up at least once a day. No Fever no diahrrea. Lack of energy and no longer wantes the Pediaure only water. Now what do I do? Water thats all he wants. How is he going to get his nutrients?

Angelica2179

Asked by Angelica2179 at 2:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he's getting full on Pediasure, then of course he isn't going to be hungry for food. Quit giving it to him. Probably contact the doctor about him throwing up because I don't think that stuff is supposed to take the place of actual meals! Offer him different colorful and appealing looking foods at different times throughout the day and see if he reaches out and takes a bit of this or a bit of that. Other than that, see what the doctor says.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 3:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would take him to the doctor and have him checked. Lots of kids that age are picky and even go days without eating, but throwing up with no other symptoms PLUS not eating isn't good. I'd quit giving him Pediasure until the doctor checks him out.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Pedisure is loaded with sugar and chemicals.

Please have your child evaluated by a medical professional.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks guys I'm taking him to the doctor today. I actually only started giving him Pediasure as a last resort because he wouldn't eat anything I tried giving him. Trust me I've even tried to test him with chips and candy and he wants no part of it. All he wants is water.
    Angelica2179

Comment by Angelica2179 (original poster) at 8:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've been right where you are. My son was on pediasure for months (under dr orders) and now his teeth are a mess. Had to get him sedated to fix 4 of them and the front ones are acting up now. The dentist said pediasure is terrible for their teeth and they must be brushed after each time they drink it. (wish the dr would have told me that). There is a more healthy version of it, but I can't remember the name of it...google it...it is hard to find tho. Anyway, my son was admitted for 5 weeks for feeding therapy due to his lack of interest in food and the fact that he was losing weight. (he went from the 50%ile to the 5%th when they admitted him). If you need to talk, message me. Best of luck to you and your little one!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010