I need a good quote for a baptism invitation?

Looking for input on this...I have a few in mind, and honestly the shorter the better. We are kinda "to the point" people, and this has been a long time coming(our son is 14 months old).
thanks mamas!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 3:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• How about:

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17

Then, say something along the lines of, we would be honored if you would join us to witness the baptism of ___ on ____. The service will be at ___ church, during the ___ service (or at ____ time....)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Or -

I baptize you with[b] water for repentance. Matthew 3:11

Then say something like I had said before with the other scripture verse.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• wonderful! Matthew 3:16-17....thats perfect and exactly what we want to say. Both to honor our son and the blood of the Son :) I know its odd to ask at this hour lol but I kinda hoped I would get some geniune thoughtful moms...ty :) God Bless...
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 3:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010