Have you ever stayed in a Ronald McDonald House?

The Ronald McDonald House is a place for families of critically ill families to stay while being near a hospitalize child. The one I'm staying in is also incredibly beautiful.

Have you ever stayed in the RMH? What was your experience like.

(P.S. If you go to McDonald's, consider buying the cookies as they support this charity.

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 3:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've never stayed in one but I didn't know about the cookies. I'll DEFINATELY support that.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 4:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I did. My daughter was born premature and they housed us the entire month she was in the NICU (over an hour from 'home') It was so nice and the staff was so friendly. They had an ice cream party thing one day that absolutely moved me. Before we left we bough a lot of groceries to help stock the place up some for other families to enjoy.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• One of my good friends stayed at the Ronald McDonald house when her baby was born prematurely. I went to visit her there and also at the hospital to see the baby. They said that their experience was absolutely amazing. Their room was beautiful and so big...the kitchen facilities they have were amazing as were the play areas for the older kids of families staying there. The security was awesome, too - you had to have a card key to get in and only a couple visitors were allowed at a time in order to give the other families some quiet. Thank God that was there for them, because otherwise, they would have had to make a two hour drive every day to visit their baby. Amazing!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've never stayed in one but we have one at the hospital my son goes to for all his medical problems. This is definently something I am a supporter of! I am so glad to know there are people here it has helped. FYI, their cookies are AMAZING! LOL!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We did when my 2nd was in the NICU when he was born. The hospital was 2 hrs away from our house so we stayed in the RMD house. It was AWESOME! I don't know what we would have done w/o it.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010