Is it normal for My 18 yr old brother not to be interested in girls at all!!!?

I wondered over the years, my brother never looked at porn, said he has once or twice but growing up he was always a Mamma's boy, he's the youngest and I am the oldest. I am 21 and he is 18 almost 19. He's never had a girlfriend ever in his life, and seems to have no interest all his guy friends joke with him, and try to convince him into dating. But he Say's I just don't have time for one, or not interested. Maybe someday who knows! He hangs out with a good friend of his they sit out side together on lawn chairs on their lap tops drinking tea, seem to laugh a lot, and even work at the same place. They have been friends for about 5 years now. They spend the night at each-others houses. And My husband seems to think they may be more then good friends. I just have no idea and it hurts me a lot. I just can't picture my brother with another male! But the way they look at each other way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• He could just be telling you the truth. Alot of Men dont look at Porn, they either find it wrong, deiscusting, or they just dont have aan interest in it. And right now perhaps getting an education and dating or sleeping around is not on his list of priorities. I think that is very comendable myself.
    And no, it is not "normal" for siblings to watch their other siblings.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 6:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Maybe he doesnt rate finding a GF high on his list or maybe he is gay either way as long as he is happy you should be happy for him. I know alot of guys who made school and work #1 in their lives and they were not gay but just had their head on straight planning out their life and knowing that they needed to focus on where they wanted to go in lfife. Some very straight men live their whole lives with out a serious realtionship and that is how they like it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• "It's not okay to be gay."

It isn't? I didn't get that memo.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You have to realize that there IS a possibility that he IS gay. NOT SAYING HE IS. Just that from what you have written it seems more likely to me as an outsider looking in than not. IF he IS gay, all you can do is continue to love him. As a person who grew up with a gay relative and as a friend of many gay men,I speak from experience. You must realize that a person's sexual orientation is not th thing that makes them worthwhile as a human being. My gay relative had SO MANY talents and qualities that were INDISPENSABLE he was an excellent photographer, a gallant lieutenant in the army, an artist, and a musician as well as a great dad and granddad when he grew older . GAY was only ONE facet of the person he was. He died in 1982 ( NO not of AIDS--from complications brought on by diabetes) and i miss him to this day.
    LOVE your brother no matter what his orientation is, Love him and be there for him.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 4:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Some people are just like that..not everyone is highly sexed and I think to an extent being highly sex is over-exaggerated by our society and its obsession with it.

My brother who is about 20 now has never really had a girlfriend...he has had a couple but ended it because he knew it wasn't going anywhere. He has always maintained that he wants a girlfriend but isn't going to settle for the sake of one...so has concentrated on other things.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I ask because, my brother has always been a late bloomer by the way. He used to have issues with his penis growing up as a child,it never grew right. But has been checked several times. Finally once he hit middle school about 6th grade he developed and is normal now.But has a more gentle side to him, and voice. I always had boyfriends growing up and as siblings do they like to peak and sneak up to their sisters watching them in the act. I just hope it's not my past relationships that has drived my brother away from wanting a girlfriend later on in his life. He would make a great father and husband to a woman someday. I think I might be over reacting. But My husband doesn't feel that this is normal.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• as siblings do they like to peak and sneak up to their sisters watching them in the act.

NONE of my siblings ever did that to me and I was the oldest of 4 in the home, NONE of us ever did that to each other, that is not normal to peek at your siblings. At least not in the house I grew up in.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• as siblings do, they like to peak and sneak up to their sisters watching them in the act.

That's SICK! My brother is 4 years younger than me but he's always been really overprotective with me and my sister. If he even saw or heard one of us having sex he would never be able to look at us in the eye again, just like my dad.

Anyway, don't worry about your brother. If he's gay, support it. Whatever makes him happy.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 4:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Why is it not okay to be gay? In the end it's his life and if you love him you will want him to be happy.
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 4:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There is nothing abnormal about being gay. Sadly, many gay people feel that they can't be open and honest with their family members; they fear rejection and hatred.  Please visit http://www.pflag.org/ and learn how to be a supportive sibling.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010