why does my 2 years have zits & black heads?

My 2 year old son has a lot of little black heads on his cheeks. I've taken him to the doctor and he refuses to refer me to a dermatologist. Uggh that really iritates me. He won't give him anything either. Doctor says "is it hurting him does it bother him" of course is dosen't but it really bother me! He's only 2 and has the skin of a teenager. I've tried Cortizone, Witch Hazel, and keeping hands and face clean but it's not working. The witch hazel by the way worked on my face:)

Angelica2179

Asked by Angelica2179 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• are you sure they are black heads?? my daughter has little bitty bumps on her thighs, arms and abdomen... with little black centers that look like black heads....

another mom on here her son had the same thing on his face and his ped said they were miniature warts she referred him to a dermatologist.

even if they aren't hurting, wouldnt oyu want to get it fixed of possible ? what a dumb doctor. my dd pedi said the same thing to me when i showed her her bumps UGH@!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would have thought it could contact dermatitis, but that doesn't explain blackheads. Hmm. Those are caused by clogged pores, so maybe just sweat and dirt getting clogged in there is causing it. I would just keep making sure his face is clean and it should clear up. Blackheads don't just disappear though, so they'll be there until removed. Be careful though. Picking on his face could leave little scars which is worse in the long run!
    I'd stay away from the acne products and Cortizone though. Try Cetaphil soap-free cleanser and see if it helps.
    Good luck!

(Plus, his pediatrician should refer you if you want to see one. What's his problem?)
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• What is his diet like? Acne is usually a sign of an overtaxed system..your body can't get rid of all the toxins and impurities so it uses the skin as a secondary help. I would keep his diet simple if it isn't already so. Lots of raw fruits and vegetables and light meals. I would also make sure he gets his fat from a raw source like avocados as opposed to dairy as dairy is very hard on the digestive system.

Besides dietary, unfortunately will live in a very polluted world and this always has an affect on our health and skin.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i would investigate the wart comment further, it is worth a shot. you could also call a dermatologist and see how much it would cost for an initial exam. it does not seem likely to actually be blackheads to me. how can a 2 yo have pores that get clogged with dirt? their skin doesn't produce oil like a teenager's does.
    has your child been given any steroid by chance? idk, i am just thinking
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Try a mud mask or those biore pore strips to remove the black heads. Do you have to have a referral to see a dermatologist? If not, call & make an appt yourself.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They are deff black heads bcuz when he sleeps I pick at them and they do come out (Ughh) but then his little cheeks are red and busted up:( he does sweat a lot and is very hairy. He does have cloged pores though out his arms (bumps) but those are diff then the ones on his face. I'm going to try the biore strips when he sleeps. I know I can't get away with it while awake he will rip them off.
    As for his Ped!!! Ugh I'm prob changing.
    Angelica2179

Comment by Angelica2179 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• what is his diet like?
    i would try a different dr. too
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you said your child was hairy, are they clogged hair folicles (folliculitis)??? just a thought. poor baby. I would see another ped
    jenniferleah

Answer by jenniferleah at 1:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2010