should i open my own office or continue what i have been doing?

I usually just do a service mobily. I book appointment with clients and then meet them at their house, starbucks, at a college if their a student, etc. I was thinking of maybe opening my own office instead of only being mobile.

Do you think an office would bring in more clients?
Should I still offer mobile option, me coming to them?

It is going to call for me getting a 5k loan if I decide to get an office and then approx 500 per month in basic expenses outside of what I usually spend.

Advice?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 4:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would probably continue to do what you are doing since it is working for you. You will have so many more expenses when you open your own office and what if it doesn't help? I bet people really like it that you come to them, makes their lives much easier.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My spouse and I both run service businesses out of our home. At this point, I see no advance to having an office. You might want to consider a virtual office (a mailing address, phone number, use of meeting spaces) This is a company I have worked with in the past: http://www.abcn.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You don't say what type of service you do. I think that would have a big impact on the decision.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010