Must stay awake today...any hints?

I worked 7p-7a...haha not even out of work yet. I need to stay awake with my girls this morning as my DH has to be at work at 7:30am. *yawn* My girls are rotten so I don't trust taking a little nap. They are 6 & 7. I will be hitting the coffee pretty hard this morning.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 5:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was going to stay COFFEE AND THEN MORE COFFEE!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• for me, i have to constantly be doing something. if i sit and just watch tv or start to read, i will start falling asleep. good luck!
    sweetpeatexas21

Answer by sweetpeatexas21 at 6:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• have you tried 5 hour energy shots

it has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee but an excessive amount of B vitamins which will keep you awake.. I usually do them in doses. Half the shot in the begining, the half about 2 hours after the first. That way it's more steady energy than a lot at once.. I have never had a bad experience but be sure if you get REDLINE, you only take half for 7 hours...it's intense
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would go to dunkin donuts or star bucks and get a triple shot of energy. You'll need it. I know how you feel i got up at 130am sunday morning and went to bed last night at 9pm so that was like 19-20 hours and know it's 730 and I got up about an hour ago. Keep yourself moving
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• double brewed coffee, and don't eat anything with white flour/sugar (like white bread, pancakes, french toast, etc). I find the white flour/sugar combo makes my blood sugar crash and then I'm absolutely drained! my 2 yo hasn't slept well these last 3 nights, I felt OK at 430 this morning but I made french toast and now I am regretting it!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have tried the 5 hour energy and thanks for reminding me they exist. I will have to find me some of that redline...that sounds like what I need for today.
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 6:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Espresso Baby!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• So far I'm still awake...mostly coffee and being outside with the girls on the slip n slide. Thanks ladies!
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010