how much use out of a portable swing

I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth spending the money on a portable swing. Who out there has used one? Up to what age did you use it/was it useful for your child. I have a 3 1/2 month old right now. She loves the swing at home currently. I am just not sure for how much longer she will enjoy it, not sure at what age she will start to not like it anymore.

susanjpt

Asked by susanjpt at 6:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A portable swing would be a good buy if you travel a lot or visit friends/family a lot for an extended period of time. Otherwise just use the swing you have at home and save your money.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My daughter used her swing a lot (just a regular swing, not portable) up until about 1 year old. So if you travel a lot then she may get a lot of use out of it. If not, do not worry aboout one.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My kids all loved the swing. My middle son was in it until 18 months. It was pretty much the only place he would sleep. That being said, I never bought a portable swing. But my mom and mil both also had swings at their houses. I might have bought one if they didn't have one.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i was wondering the same thing, so i went to a mom to mom sale a got one for 10 bucks!! i use it outside when the other two are playing or if we go to a bbq or something. def got my 10 bucks out of it!!! ( my baby is 3 months)
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Out of four kids, three of them loved the swing. I would consider buying one from a thrift store instead of new though. :) They wash up just fine. My oldest two had a full sized -the 2nd wore out the motor- and then youngest boy had a portable. My girlie never wanted to leave her sling. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 9:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010