What is One thing a new mom should not waste her money on?

What was one thing you bought or was given that was a complete waste of money? Why was it a waste of money? Help new moms out buy telling them what they should avoid spending money on / or using if it was a gift.

Mommy_0f_many

Asked by Mommy_0f_many at 6:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can't choose between my babies sling, and a basinette. We only had it cause it was given to us. He mostly napped in it but it was much easier to put him on the couch or crib. and the sling, he used it exactly once. loved it but it wrapped around me and made me too hott. lol. so stroller was much easier. i love to walk!
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Wipes Warmer!!! Stupid thing dried the wipes up within a day! Absolutely a waste of money!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• diaper genie..complete waste!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baby bath tub was my answer too. I got a really nice one. Used it once just because I had it. All three of mine have just gone in the regular tub, so much easier than messing with a baby bath tub. I also don't use my diaper genie. lol The stinky diapers get tied in a plastic grocery bag and put in the trash which is emptied every night pretty much.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baby oil... I don't even think people use that anymore!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with above..Baby Bath, Diaper Genie and Pull Ups! My kids never used the pull ups, it confuses them since it still feels like a diaper.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 7:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Wipe warner, total waste.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baby bath really WTF that was such a waste he never used it and it was so much easier to just put him in the tub with his head on the towel or take and a bath with him and right now PUll UPs i will not buy them!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 6:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't agree with baby bath. My 2 and a half year old still uses his on hot days in the garden andhas only recently stopped using it. We got really good use out of it. If he goes in regular bath he would just fall over a lot because he likes splashing and playing but won't sit and play!

I would say anything that isn't essential is a waste of money. I think many people buy things because they like the look of them but don't think about practicality. I can't think of anything specific because we were really good about it.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh...and pull ups. To me they are nothing but a glorified diaper.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 11:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010