my sweet puppy won't leave me alone, any ideas for me?

I have a very loving mixed puppy. I rescued him at 4 months old, about 15LBs... His owners were from this hillbilly town and admitted he had worms before, but they dewormed him, and he didn't have any toys or raw hides... Also, they could only afford Dollar Tree food for him!
Now, he is 8 months old, and he has since learned what Toys, Rawhides, Nutro dog food (which is about $50.oo per 35LBs, due to his food allergies), Nutro treats: chunky treats with real berries are! I also took him for his first time to the beach, which he loves to go out on boats as well, and he gets along with other dogs amazingly...
My only problem with him is that he's a momma's boy... He feels like he is pushed away because I met my Dh after I had the dog... Dog (Snoopie) was used to sleeping with me, getting fed while I was eating, laying on the couch, among other things...
We have since made him stop getting on the bed (since I am preggers),

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 6:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pets

• He's not seeming to get how to stop acting bad, >>>>

Sounded like before your dh came along you allowed all the above and now you say he is acting bad? He will have to relearn wht is ok and wht isn't. Treats when he does wht you want... Good luck hope all works out. Glad you adopted him...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He just wants your attention the same as any child. You kicked him out of your bed. You don't allow him on the furniture. He has to share you with another. His world was flipped upside down. You have to balance it again. Are you walking him or playing with him? Are you giving him any one on one attention? Does he have his own bed? Can you put it next to yours? There's always getting him a playmate. You need to fix it before the baby comes and you really do not have time for him.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Bless your heart for rescuing your pup!!! There is a really good book.....dang, I can't remember the name of it - google your question on the internet, maybe the name of the book will come up. Crating or kenneling your pup is very important. If I think of that book, I'll be back. sorry not much help this time, good luck!
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 8:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He sounds like a beagle we had years ago. ;-)
    I would keep him in your room in his kennel so he won't feel alone but I really wouldn't let him share the bed. I think humans take top priority in any situation. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• and, we bought a $2,000.oo couch, which he isn't allowed on...
    He's not seeming to get how to stop acting bad, and this has been going on for the past 2 months...
    Dh has no problem with Snoopie, jumping on the bed, but when I'm home alone, he's horrible...
    ALSO, when we're Bow Chika Bow Wowin, HE ALWAYS TRIES TO INTERFERE!!!
    How can I stop this? Any ideas?
    PS. He now weighs over 50LBs, so when he jumps on me and the bed, he could harm the baby... And, yes we have a kennel, but we feel more protected when he's out of the kennel when I am home.
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 6:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sorry - we only do fish :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you have share yourself with the puppy and your honey. remember: the puppy was there first
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 6:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Your dog is 8 months old. You let him rule the roost for 8 months. And now that you are pregnant and married your dog is all of a sudden not allowed to do these things? The dog trained you....you didn't train the dog.

You need to work slowly with him and retrain him.

But, the more I read this, the more I think you are a bored kid.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010