Do you make the "tie" blankies?

The fleece ones you cut and tie the two together all around the edges? Any ideas on how to save money on the fleece fabric? It seems to cost me about $30-$40 for one blanket because of the design on the fabric.

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I make them with one layer of medium fleece. You can see the design on each side. One idea - get on the mailing list for JoAnn Fabrics. They send out coupons. Some coupons are 50% off, some 40% off. Coupons are good for items that are NOT on sale already (read them carefully). I stock up when I get coupons You can shop online too . Probably can get on mailing list from the website too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Make one side the design and the other side a nice solid color to match
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Be sure you get the fleece on sale. or use a coupon.
    calebmama

Answer by calebmama at 8:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I love no sew blankets! I think the one I made DH only cost me like 10 bucks. I got the material at wal-mart though and it is just basic navy on one side gray on the other.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010