Should he have been banned from church?

Im on my way to work, so dont have time to find the link. Was watching fox news and they final said the decision was made to ban the pedofile from going to church where a lot of kids were.

Whats your opinion of this? Does he have the right to go even though hes not supposed to be around children?

I personally am glad he was banned. I think once he assulted a child he no longer had a right to much. He should not be allowed around children period. I dont want an argument just honest opinions.

Oh btw he was asking to be escorted by someone HE choose. What are your thoughts?

Trotterswife

Asked by Trotterswife at 8:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMO, he shouldn't be ALIVE let alone be able to go to church!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• no pedofiles should ever be around kids
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• heres a link ladies... will check in when i get to the office

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/19/nh-sex-offender-probation-says-allowed-church-chaperone/
    Trotterswife

Comment by Trotterswife (original poster) at 8:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It is part of fis probation as well as the law that he isn'y around children. I also believe you don't need to attend church to practice your beliefs.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 8:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with the decision to ban him from the church. Very, very few pedophiles are "cured." I definitely wouldn't want my children anywhere near one. Which is why I regularly check the offenders list, memorize faces, and we avoid areas where they live.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm conflicted on this. I don't believe in putting anyone's children in danger, but I feel redemption - and especially God - should be available to everyone. If he really is serious about his commitment to God and really wants to go to church for the right reasons I can only imagine the harm this would do in respect to that.

I also feel like we should encourage people to foster their relationships with God. No sin is too much for God to forgive, and I kind of feel that church should be the one place ANYONE can find solace.

I do believe that there is a way that they could have allowed him to come where he wouldn't have been allowed around the children. They could have worked something out, IMO. And the way I see God, I believe He would have wanted them to...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree he shouldv'e been banned if I attended a church and a pedophile began to come, if they didn't ban him I would leave... We have to protect our kids every way we can!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think in order to protect children, he needed to be banned from church. There are churchs who broadcast their services online, that he can watch, and he can still practice religion by studying at home, but he lost the privledge of being able to attend church where there are tons of children, because of decisions he himself made
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am sorry, but there is no "cure" for these people. They should not be allowed near children, much less around children in a church setting. Where it would be easy to get alone with a child. I cannot imagine a warm welcome for him there anyway.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If there are children that go to the church, then he should not be there when they are around...I agree with IhartU...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010