simple ingredients/easy crock pot recipes

I'm not a betty crocker or rachel ray lol. i am tired of buying and making some of the same stuff for supper all the time. anyone got some crock pot recipes?

alyssa1

Asked by alyssa1 at 8:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can look them up online a find a ton! Parents.com has a bunch!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Join the Crock Pot Moms group here on CM for plenty of recipes for entrees, sides and desserts (our favorite is the hot fudget sundae cake!)  They also post a weekly menu and recipes for crock pot cooking.

I'm cooking chicken breasts in the crock today with a bit of chicken broth, and I'll shred them and add BBQ sauce later for sandwiches.

Yesterday I made scalloped potatoes & ham in the crock using sliced potatoes, sliced onion, pieces of ham, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 c. shredded cheddar.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Dice up frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 2 inch pieces.
    Put in crockpot with a jar or two of spaghetti sauce and italian seasonings, and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
    let simmer on low all day or even overnight (you can then refrigerate it and heat it up on high an hour or two before dinner)
    boil some spaghetti noodles and there you go.

I actually cook an entire bag of frozen chicken breasts (whole and thawed) overnight in the crockpot on low. Next morning, I shred it and put it in 1 quart freezer bags (about 2 cups per bag) and pop it back in the freezer. Whenver we want something with chicken (tacos, spaghetti, homemade soup, bbq sandwiches) I just heat it back up. - saves alot of time and the chicken stays very juicy.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• we also make shepherd's pie from leftover sloppy joes - throw meat in crockpot, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and cooked instant mashed potatos. reheat on high about 1-2 hours (my crockpot barely gets warm anymore, time to go shopping!) or on low all day. You can even throw in a bag of frozen mixed peas and carrots (thawed first) on top of the meat and under the cheese.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• drop a pot roast, a cup of water, potatoes, and baby carrots into the crock pot. Put on low for 8 hours. ENJOY. This is probably my favorite dish ever!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Diced up chicken breast, two cans/boxes/bottles of chicken broth, cut up carrots, cut up celery, and let is sit. Make sure to cook the chicken in the oven first, it only takes half an hour if it's thawed.
    About 20 minutes before you're ready to eat, add noodles.
    It makes the best chicken noodle soup ever.
    Don't add the noodles too soon, it turns out NASTY. I know, I did. :-(
    It becomes too thick and the noodles dissolve.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Chicken thighs and legs in pot. 1 or 2 cans of cream mushroom soup and some water or milk. Depends on how much gravy you want. Throw in some chopped onion if you like.
    I put a beef roast in the pot with cream mush soup and 1 can water. And a packet of french onion soup mix.
    You can cook any meat, with any sauce. Canned tomatoes work well too with an onion and/or green peppers.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010