does your child do this?

my 5yr old daughter has been calling her dad daddy instead of dada and its driving him crazy lol he doesnt want her to call him daddy. also she has become a tattle tail.if i whoop her she says i'm going to tell my daddy and goes and tells him.anyone have a kid or kids that do this or doing anything new lately? just wondering.

Asked by alyssa1 at 8:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What is wrong with "Daddy"?

Answer by keyaziz at 8:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My children say daddy , whats wrong with that?

Answer by tishmomof2 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My kids say Daddy, I don't see what the big deal is!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• he doesnt like it. he prefers her to say da da and she usually does. i guess he doesnt like daddy cuz he isnt ready for her to say it like that i dont know.

Comment by alyssa1 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Interesting...thanks for responding :)

Answer by keyaziz at 8:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would rather have my daughter call my hubby "daddy" than "dada" because "dada" sounds like baby talk to me and at 5 she is way to old to be baby talking!!

Answer by momma2b2008 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He should be glad she calls him Daddy. lol My six year old, almost immediately after he started school, began calling us Mom and Dad. Talk about me feeling old, having a kid call me Mom! As far as the tattling, if DH stands behind your decision to discipline, then her tattling should have no effect. Although I might reconsider a decision to "whoop" a child. Personal opinion there.

Answer by nytefae at 9:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, that sounds like a typical 5 year old girl. Girls can be total tattle tails as well as jabbering non stop! She probably heard other kids calling their fathers daddy and picked it up. I know grown women that still call their dads daddy. I think daddy sounds a little more grown up than da da so maybe that's why??

Answer by m-avi at 9:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yeah she calls me mommma and once in a while its mom. yes i will whoop/spank if i need to but to each their own. she says all kinds of stuff some days u cant get her to be quiet lol. she is 5 going on 12 or 16 sometimes lol

Comment by alyssa1 (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My husband was the same way, except she went from Daddy to Dad. And sounds so old while doing it! She's only 5.
    She's started telling on everyone that breaks the rules or I'll hear her saying "you shouldn't do that, it's against the rules".
    When she does, I just ask her if it's a big rule or little rule. And tell her I would find out on my own, that mommies are like that, we find out when the rules get broke. :-)
    She still says "I'm going to tell dad on you" or "I'm gonna tell Mom on you" and we just tell her "go ahead, you'll save me the trouble. We don't hide anything from each other and know exactly what each other does regarding you and what you do."
    Just make sure your kid knows that you're a team and tattling won't do any good. She'll stop.

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2010