Diabetic and

Sick right now, I do not have health insurance so I can't just up and go to the doctor. I have a cough and stuffy nose and just achy all over. I know most medicines will affect my sugars but I was wondering what I could take to help......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• Drink plenty of fluids to help flush out whatever you've got, cold liquids are preferable to hot: water, iced tea, diet drinks. Juices are not advised because they will raise your blood sugars by quite a bit. You can also use steam baths with Vicks Vapor bath stuff or fill sink with hottest water, lean over it with a towel draped over your head and inhale. Take extra vitamin C & D. Get plenty of rest. I also SWEAR by homemade chicken noodle soup with plenty of carrots and celery!

I know there are cough drops that are sugar free.

Your sugar levels are going to be high anyway because you're sick. Don't worry too much about it because they won't go back down until the illness is gone. Just be careful with your diet.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Go to a minute clinic at Walgreen's. They are pretty good and not to expensive.

Otherwise try oregano oil in a pill form. You may want to research it first. NSI brand from vita-cost.com .
    Drink tons of water..I hope you feel better.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010