I'll have to read tonight but how...

Do I try and keep my DD potty training when the next 2 days we are going to be at wakes and a funeral and after family thing? She is 2 1/2 and has been doing OK in the past few weeks. However I realized last night the next 2 days pretty much she will have to be in a diaper because we'll be going back and forth on a 2 hour drive. And spending hours in a place where she can't just pull her skirt up and have a potty in the living room(it is much easier for her until she's used to it.)We've been training since Nov but a lot of things have come in our way so she's still training. Anyway what can I do or should I just let it go and start over Wed.?

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Put her in the diaper and start over on Wed. In the total scheme of things it won't matter. You have a lot on your plate right now and you can even explain to her that there are not a lot of pottys available while you are traveling. Relax and best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would not put a diaper on her. You should be able to accommodate her potty training. If she was age 5, for example, you'd find a way for her to potty. Right now she probably is uncomfortable about being wet or soiled, so don't put her in that position.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree w/bmat...dont go back...Figure out a way...you may have to stop a few extra times on the trip but itll be worth it. I kept a potty in the car and if my girls had to go, we pulled over and let them use it...I would make sure they went before we left and didnt drink anything for a while before or while we were driving...GL!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i agree with the mom's saying not to put a diaper on her. take her potty with you. keep asking her if she needs to use the potty. she may surprise you. keep reminding her that she doesn't have a diaper, and take plenty of extra clothes. even kids that are "completely" potty learned have accidents. i STILL carry around extra clothes for my almost 5 year old. (she hasn't had an accident in a while, but it's lways smart to play it safe.)
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 10:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't go back to nappies...just accept you may have some accidents.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with not going back to diapers. Keep asking her if she needs to go potty, and take a lot of extra clothes.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No going back. We all had to deal with this at one time or another. How do you even get to the grocery store and back? Just go as usual and don't act like anything is different.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OK I should mention we use diapers when we go out. She is not fully trained yet. That was the point.
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010