I need something to prevent my nails from chipping after i paint them!

Can anyone recommend any good products to prevent my polish from chipping after painting your nails??

My polish lasts 1 day the max, and then it starts to chip. I use a bottom clear coat first, and then another clear coat after the polish.

Thanks ladies :)

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I've got the answer for you! Get on QVC and order Manicure Keeper. It is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very pleased with it. My polish stays on (even with housework) for almost a week! Without it my polish usually lasts a day or two tops.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. I apply a coat every day to keep my manicure from chipping and to keep it looking glossy. It also provides added protection against breakage. I can keep a manicure looking good for a week.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've tried almost every product on the market for the same reason. The only thing I found that will last a little longer is getting your nails professionally done, especially if they airbrush them. If you find a product lemme know!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Don't do any housework at all! Maybe that will help :o) sorry no other suggestions.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• http://howtomakedo.net/243/lasting-nail-polish here a bunch of tips of how to make it last longer. But I have found that the Mary Kay polish lasts longer than most.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• use the remover on your nails first to dehydrate them and get the oils off your nails. let it dry completely.. apply base coat, 2 layers of color (if necessary) and a top coat to prevent chipping.

Apply all layers thinnly.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• be sure to allow them to dry. Typically running them under cold water helps. But remember nail paint takes up to 24 hours to set regardless of who does it. So if you mess it up within those 24 hours it's NOT going to last long.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OPI is a good brand to use as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• (remover as in nail polish remover, acetone, unless you are wearing fake nails, then use nonacetone).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• MommyH2, can i order that online?
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010