for african american mamas(or any mama with hair issues lol)?

I found a product called "cholesteral" its in a jar and the stuff is green, and it says its pure cholesteral. have you ever used this and how is the best way to use it? I have been putting it on the ends of my hair, where its damaged and leaving it on for 5 mins...and its helping, but wondered is there a "trick"? ty :)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 10:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Once your ends are damaged there is no way to repair the damage. Some of the products will make it appear like your split ends are gone but all its doing is smoothing down the part that tore. Getting a hair cut regularly will ensure you get the length you want & have healthy hair. Silicone drops are the best product I've found so far to make it look like I don't have split ends.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The only product I used that had Cholesterol in the title was a deep conditioner treatment. I leave it in for 30 mins-1hr and its great for strengthening the hair or treating damaged hair
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Cholesteral is used for scalp treatments. It's massaged into the scalp and sometimes a plastic cap is used to cover the head and heat is applied. It's usually left on for about 30 minutes. Anyone can use it. It's great for dry damaged hair. I love the way my hair feels after a scalp treatment.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• not sure why they sell it "green", but cholesterol is a cheap inexpensive product (so hope you didn't pay too much for it) that does very little to your hair besides coat it. Panteine pro-v can do the same to your hair.

if there is damage use PROTEIN. It's what the hair is originally made of, and will help. It can't repair damaged cuticle, but it can prevent further breakage.

(we use to use cholesterol on our manikins when I was in school for cosmo to do mock proceedures. While it's not damaging, it doesn't do much for your hair. Some people use it for a scalp treatment, but really if you want to use it on your hair, it won't do much of anything... so we use to use it on our manikins because of how cheap and pretty well useless it was. Also be aware that it can clog your sinks so if you are still going to continue using it, besure to scrap most of it out of your hair before rinsing)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• cholesterol will act more like a "wax" on your hair, just pushing down the cuticle, making it "appear" healthier. not really working to it's prime.

a protein pack, applied starting at the ends and working up is a much better and healthier option for your hair.

if you want tips on how to style hair that is coarse, PM me and I can talk you through other products and techniques that will be more beneficial.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I dont have coarse hair but the ends are damaged and it breaks alot.I was just curious how women liked the product and I found it in the african american hair section, for a dollar lol. ty ladies
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2010