french toast

What are some other ways you can make french toast...or things you put in it? I make it the way my grandma did with sugar and vanilla .

Asked by glamomomo at 10:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
    Great, now I want french toast. lol

Answer by KTMOM at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I put cinnamon in mine!

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I add cinnamon to the egg mixture. It comes out great!

Answer by mompam at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I add a dash of cream, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, sometimes hazelnut extract.

Answer by Whatkids at 10:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baked French Toast
    Slice french bread, mix eggs,milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and make a praline topping for top.
    Bake 350 for 40 min

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I add vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon to mine... and rarely are there leftovers. LOL

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Just egg & water. My son won't eat it with sugar, or cinnamon, or honey, or vanilla, or ....

I'm just glad he eats it, period!

However, I do like french toast topped with powdered sugar & preserves!

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use egg, milk, and sugar then fry each side in butter (not margarine)

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I get Texas toast because it is thicker and puree some fresh berries and add that to the egg and milk mixture. Then I cook it on a hot griddle pan. when done sprinkle a little powdered sugar on it and serve with more fresh berries and maybe a little whipped cream. I have also made a berry sauce for it by reducing some fresh berries and sugar in a sauce pan.

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OMG...I want you all to come over and make me some french toast!!!

I love to add a dash of PURE vanilla extract, a smidgin of nutmeg, and just a hint of cardamom to my egg and WHOLE milk mixture. I let my thick slice of bread soak a bit, but not so long that it falls apart when taken out, and place it on a hot griddle. I sprinkle the uncooked top with some cinnamon and turn when the bottom is cooked.
    To serve, I add a pat of no-salt REAL butter while it is steaming hot, add some real maple syrup made by my friend in ME in her shack and from the sap of the trees on her land, and sprinkle powdered white sugar over the top.

It is a delectable treat that we eat only once in awhile. :)

I would LOVE to try the french toast with the homemade praline topping!!!

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010