what is the best product to prevent hair breakage?

I have tried the pantene line, also the loreal "long term relationship" products to no avil. I cant afford to keep trying expensive things that dont work but my hair is falling out and breaking by the handfulls! help!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 10:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There is NO product that will stop breakage. Using a moisturizer might help a bit but if you have oily hair you'll look greasy. If you have dry hair it is going to be prone to breakage. How you wash, dry and brush your hair is more a factor in breakage. It's best to blot hair with a towel and only dry on cool. Comb your hair out with a wide toothed comb. Heat is not your friend.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I do all those things mentioned, and get plenty of water and eat right...a friend suggested its stress? I dont use heating products or much styling products, accept for infusium leave in spray conditioner, and thats helped a little bit...ty
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Could it be thyroid? Breakage wouldnt be but hair falling out could be a sign of a medical problem.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010