At what age did you let your LO's choose their own hair-style. (like how they wanted it cut.)

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As soon as they were able to express an opinion, we allowed them to make the decision.- They also pick out their own shoes and clothes. :) We've had shaved heads, mohawks, a chelsey, and curls to his butt... I'm sure I'm leaving out a few. They change their hair up all the time. My DD hasn't had a haircut and she's two. It's still short and fine and whispy.. I hope she wants long hair but it IS her hair. :)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 1:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• umm,i think 3 or 4 yrs of age
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My oldest finally got to decide what to do with her own hair when she was 10.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My DD was 6. I wanted to make sure she was able to care for it herself before she chose what cut she wanted. I also make her wait a week before I take her to get it done, she changes her mind constantly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• About 2. She wanted it long then short so we had it cut. She's been picking it out since. Now, it's cut just past her chin and she says she wants it to grow to her butt!
    I've always let her pick out how she wants to style her hair and what she wears and the clothes she gets from the store. I figure she's wearing it not me.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• when I was little I always wanted long hair, but my mom never gave me a choice cause she liked short hair. I remember at 13 crying because I wanted long hair she would cut it or should I say chop it so that I couldn't wear it in a pony tail cause she hated that. Now at 28 years old my hair wont grow. So I want my girls to have long hair. So my 5 year old she wanted her hair cut really really really short. Daddy of course said no. But I told her that until she is old enough to take care of it she has to have it how I want it and I want it long. I told her once she is old enough to take care of her own hair she can cut it however she wants. Same goes with my 2.5 year old.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• 10
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 10:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh Lord have Mercy...let me tell you, LOL. When my son was 6, he REALLY wanted a Mohawk. I decided..okay..its just hair, it will grow back. I had his father take him to get it done. The barber had no idea what they were talking about when they said Mohawk so they had to explain it. This kid came home looking like....I don't know what
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• As soon as they could express an opinion. It's just hair.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My mom was so anal about not wanting me to cut to my hair, even when I was in my teens, that I always swore I was not going to make a big deal out of it with my kids. So far only my eight year old son has put this to the test- it's not that he wants wild hair, it's that he has really thick wavy hair and keeps wanting cuts that don't work well with his texture. But oh well- I let him keep on trying because it's only hair.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010