Im 6 mo. pregnant and ive been having a itching problem really bad

its in my scalp too and all over my body and when i take a hot bath or go out in the sun the itching gets worse! What can i do to help the itching problem?

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 10:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had the same problem really bad on my sides of my stomach, my ankles, my scalp, arms and they are turning into rashes. A couple of days ago my breasts started itching when I put lotion on the parts that itch it doesn't itch anymore but it keeps coming back but I will try that thing that cheryl4424 said. I'm glad I'm not the only one with it not meaning I'm glad you have it I'm glad I'm not crazy that it's common.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you should talk to your ob. there is an itchy rash associated with pregnancy...i don't know how common it is. could it be swimmers itch?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• lots of lotion for your body. and maybe a good scalp treatment.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Itching can be a part of pregnancy. When you get out of the shower, don't dry off. Just start put on the lotion while you are still wet. The lotion will help keep the moisture in and you won't itch so much. That's what I did with cocoa butter lotion and it REALLY helped.
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm itchy too! Mostly on my stomach and chest. Lotion seems to help some. Your skin gets dry during pregnancy. I'd also make sure you're well-hydrated.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks you guys so much for your advice!
    johnandtabby

Comment by johnandtabby (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010