I am having troule having a BM so if I make an appointment do I make one with a family doctor or my OB???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• I think the family doctor.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i would try eating raw veggies and drinking more water before calling a doctor. you could eat some brown rice too. cut out dairy and sugar for a while.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd make it with your family doctor. I do have a suggestion though. My daughters pediatrician doesn't want her straining to go so she has me giving her a teaspoon of mineral oil everyday. She suggested I keep it cold and mix it with yogurt. My daughter eats it right up and we haven't had a problem since. It totally lubes her up but doesn't make her runny. The teaspoon amount is the lowest starting amount though. Maybe you should give this a try.
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am the OP this is imbarrassing that is why I went anon, but since I can't go anon again I guess you will have to see who I am lol. But I haven't went in a week since last sunday. I only went 8 times and that was from laxitives I took 2 times. First time I took them after not going for 3 days of trying. The second was cause I still couldn't go and it has been 2 days and can't go again don't want to take them again. I also took the orange drink stuff yesterday starts with an M didn't work, I have been drinking nothing but water nothing. I have been drinking apple juice nothing.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Are you pregnant? Constipation comes with pregnancy. Your OB can give suggestions if you are. Happy2bmom's suggestions are good.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Family Doctor
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• nope not pregnant I know for a fact lol. I am on my period which I am supose to get off of it today.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Mineral oil is made from crude oil, a known carcinogen. Not a good thing to ingest of use on the body.

You go to the OB for pregnancy and maybe paps. You go to your family doc for everything els. Family docs can do paps also. You don't need to go to the doctor if you are constipated. Here are suggestions from WebMD

• Drink two to four extra glasses of water a day

• Try warm liquids, especially in the morning.

• Add fruits and vegetables to your diet.

• Eat prunes and/or bran cereal.

• If needed, use a very mild stool softener or laxative

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Are you pregnant or just backed up? If you're just backed up then happy2bmom25's advice is right on! I wouldn't give mineral oil, it usually has some type of petroleum in it. If you a pregnant take a daily stool softener. I did this when I was preggo & never had an issue w/ bm's or hemmrohids.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Take a probiotic daily. Sustenax & Align are good ones.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010