When Jesus returns, and the earth is restored into a paradise, what is going to happen to .....

all of the sky scrapers, and electric wires, and shopping centers? Are we going to live like we are camping? Go green all the way? lol

This is a question for those who share my beliefs mainly or please play along. I believe the children will play with the cobra (Isaiah 11:6-9) and there will be plenty of food on the earth (Psalm 72:16) . We will stay on earth.

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 11:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have wondered the same thing. Will we have electric still? running water? Or continue to have all the emenities, we just won't be driven in a selfish society....where becoming rich and powerful through money and personal assets will not be a striving point. When it comes to these things, there are no specific answers, but opinions. And even your opinion will differ from your pastor or priest. But I do believe earth will be the paradise God has instore. Hell will not be on earth. That is my belief.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The Bible says there will be a NEW heaven, and a NEW earth.

Not this one, sorry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well, isnt there supposed to be Wars etc before Jesus returns? Perhaps they will have fallen by then?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 11:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wanted to reply so I can come back to this later when I have more time to really focus on the question. It is a very good one.
    RheaF

• Well, I would say why does it matter? If you really want to know ask your pastor or many of the answers are right there in the Bible.
    I would say though they will all be burnt down as Hell will become earth and those of us believers will be gone before any of that happens.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks Rhea.
    3gigglemonsters

Comment by 3gigglemonsters (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• In the bible it says some places will remain to have the crowd gather at the last time before he appears , but as when is the time, I don't know--- it's close, I'm sure it's close. My children get hyper and don't want to do a thing and they can't be left alone, this alone is nerve wracking, I can't even imagine what the worst times will be like, if they don't listen now. But for bldgs standing, that is only left to the way our natural disasters are and how strong the earth itself is, or the war that precedes.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was thinking that too, RheaF. I think that the earth will be made new and creatures will be subdued (as you mentioned children playing with cobras and also the lion lying down with the lamb).
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think about the end of The Day The Earth Stood Still(the one with Keanu not the cool original version) and how after the bug ate through so much technology people were going to have to start over.

Thats what I think will happen in a catastrophe of any kind...and honestly, maybe it should.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The bible says there will be a NEw heaven, and a NEW earth.
    ~

Thanks, that is a great point. This doesn't necessarily say it will be destroyed. This could mean a "new attitude" or "new beginning" for earth or still a "restoring" of earth. This "new earth" is figurative. Have you ever considered the verse like that?
    3gigglemonsters

Comment by 3gigglemonsters (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010