Is this site mainly for the "mom"?

Hence, the name "cafemom", I was hesitant to join the online group.
I am a wife to my hubbs for almost 4 years and we have no children. Although, we do have 2 adorable pugs! I have been stationed in 3 different places and have found it hard to socialize and make friends with other spouses when all I do is work and go to school. Although I have made friends along the way, I have never tried an online support/discussion group and I love meeting people and figured why not stay in touch with other spouses in similiar situations & make new friends!

We are currently stationed at Quantico, VA and will soon be moving to Hawaii.
Any wives out there already? Any advice?

Thanks so much.
Candace

c.a.n.dy

Asked by c.a.n.dy at 11:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Travel

• You aren't the only woman on here without kids. Welcome aboard!
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think this site was made mainly for moms, but there are separate groups on here that center around married life.
    lalalabanana

Answer by lalalabanana at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• there are many groups here that are for "pet" mommies so you should fit right in. :) welcome to cafemom, its a great site :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• sometimes there are groups for your area.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Welcome! I don't think you have to be a mom to have a lot in common with all of us on here. And I think there are some other ladies on here that are not moms too :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think this is a good place for you to come and talk.. just BEWARE OF THE DRAMA...
    I've been on here 4 years and it was a great place.. Still is if you go to the right groups.. :)
    Welcome.
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Welcome!!! There are other woman on this site who arent moms you are not alone join some groups!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks all, I am new to this so I will work my way around this & look for more groups. ANd lol! Drama?
    Oh man! Thanks Dannille, def dont care for that!
    c.a.n.dy

Comment by c.a.n.dy (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010