Expereienced pregnant people. I need your input,lol.

Okay, I'm pregnant with my 3rd here. And this has never happend so soon before. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen?I almost feel like an idiot for even asking,lol. I'm 28 weeks. Saturday night, I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night with pretty strong contractions, I was actually suprised at how strong they were.They stopped, I stopped worrying, went to bed. Well, they came back for about an hour yesturday afternoon.Bad ones. To where I legs even buckled a couple times. They stopped. Came home, and I swear, I passed what looked like part of my mucus plug! I know, ew. I'm taking it easy today, keeping the feet up as I sit here, no action today, all is good. I've never had this happen so early on!What has been you experience with this? Anyone?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yoy need to call your doc NOW. swomething is going on, braxton hicks do not make your knees buckle or make you lose your plug-better safe than sorry right?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you might want to call your dr if it happens again. make sure your hydrated.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I hope you called the doctor!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You should call your OB, just to have him check you out. I've had three kids, never had contractions that early.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I can't say that I would know this answer... I think the best advice would to be to contact your OB and tell them about what is going on. Tell them how you feel as if something isn't right and be checked. I mean it's only like 30 mins of your day for peace of mind. :) I have 3 kids and I haven't had any of this with any of them. Good luck!
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you might go get checked out. My first pregnancy was a gem.. with my second- I ended up in labor at 30 weeks but kept telling myself "no way it is too early!" and was in denial until I finally called my mom who made me go to the hospital. They ended up stopping the labor but she came two weeks later and was in the NICU for a month. I just can't imagine if she had come any earlier what would have happened.
    Anyway- it is better to be safe than sorry is what I say with pregnancies.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've never experienced this, but if I was you I'd call the OBGYN...He/She may want to give you something to keep you from going into labor. It really is too soon...
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i have to agree to let your dr. know what is going on. be sure to keep physical and emotional stress at a minimum. drink lots of water. i find laying down relaxes my uterus better than sitting. i have 5 kids and have found each pregnancy very different. good luck mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree...I'd def. call the doc if it was me. Better to be safe than sorry!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sorry...I didn't mean to answer twice. I thought my first answer was lost b/c my computer froze up, so I answered again.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2010