What type of sunscreen do you use for your kids?

My daughter is 15-1/2 months old. Last summer the doctor told me not to use sunscreen on her to just keep her covered and in the shade. We have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks so I will ask again but I wondered what everyone else uses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• I like Coppertone for children that young. But now that my kids are Big Boys they wear Aveno because it's the only one I can find with 100SPF... I also like the Coppertone for them when it comes time to reapply because it's a spray on & just makes things easier.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just use the highest number kids lotion that is the best price. I've used them all. They all work.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• any baby stuff... i use the spray, because it's easier and less messy. lol. nothing like having a kid trying to eat the lotion.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 11:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use the Coppertone Water Babies for my 16 month old and just whatever is on sale for my 10 year old...because he really doesnt let me put it on him that often anymore...even when I rememeber to do it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Bannana Boat :) 50SPF
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• California Baby. Its all natural, works great & won't poison her if she licks it off her arm. Many sunscreens contain toxic ingredients. Here's a place where you can research your cosmetics: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Blue Lizard- It is made of a Zinc base (though does not apply was the white goopy stuff does- That stuff is NASTY!). It is safe for infants, contains aloe, and works Great as a moisturizer too!!!

We love the stuff! It's not cheap, but it doesn't have to be reapplied as frequently as normal sunscreen does either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use the pink spray ( I think its waterbabies??) Its like 80spf and its tear free. The fact that it sprays make it really fast and easy to apply, especially to places like scalp, ears and face! :) I love it :)
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I love the spray @ the moment I have a 30 SPF need to upgrade!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We use Neutrogena "pure and free baby" spf 60, or Aveeno (right now we have Neutrogena, but have used the Aveeno in the past).

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2010