Is cramping in early pregnancy really normal?

Ive had 5 previous miscarriages all very early on. I just found out im pregnant again after trying for almost 2 years. Yesterday I had slight cramping, but nothing like period cramps. This morning they have been alittle more intense. I guess im just alittle worried. Im waiting to speak with my Dr. about it.
Did you experience cramping in the first few weeks of pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had period like cramps with both of my pregnancies. they weren't really bad cramps
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes I did.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes I did with both pregnancies. It's just stretching and stuff going on in your uterus the implantation causes that but if they get severe or you start bleeding considering how many miscarriages you have had you probably would need to go to the ER but it's good your calling your doctor first. I had cramps with both they told me it's growing pains and that unless it's severe or I was bleeding then I needed to go to the ER. Good Luck.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had some cramping almost like when you have gas
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 11:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I experienced cramping with all of my pregnancies throughout the whole pregnancy. As long as there is no bleeding along with the cramping, you should be fine. Just try to stay hydrated and relax.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, yes, yes! I'm 18 weeks and STILL get crampy sometimes. Your body begins changing and stretching immediately. You're going to worry no matter what after miscarriages, but it's normal! Good luck with this pregnancy!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Cramping is normal, but since you have a history of miscarriages, I think you need to contact your doctor. If it is caught early, they can give you injections to help you keep the pregnancy.
    jvfierro

Answer by jvfierro at 1:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree you should talk to your doc considering your history. But I did have cramps through out all three of my pregnancies. When I would get them i would just sit and relax with a nice big codl glass of _________. For me it meant I was dehydrated. Once i relaxed and drank something cold i would start to feel better.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 5:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010