What to expect from a 6 month baby in terms of development, my baby is not rolling yet, and is not sitting yet, is this normal. She is 6 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different and learns on there own time. If there doctor is not worried about it yet then I would not be either.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My first child started sitting up at 4 months, my 2nd and about 6 mos and my youngest not until about 8 mos...they are all different I wouldn't be worried
    sassygoddess

Answer by sassygoddess at 11:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They are all different. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think your child may have some delays. I'm not an expert or anything but my son was rolling, sitting, crawling, pulling himself up, all that at 6 months. Definitally talk to your doctor. They can help you get involved with the HeadStart program. The HeadStart program will evaluate your childs developement and if there is delays they can work with your child to get her on track.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Every baby is different, though do you give a lot of floor time? If you have been putting your baby in baby seats or exersaucers or swings, stop. Put the baby on the floor with some toys to provide opportunities. Help your baby to sit supported. Also wearinng your baby helps them with upper body strength.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• A 6 mo baby should be able to sit up and feed itself fork mashed food. You should have your baby evaluated. There is a national program that provides early intervention for children up to 3 years to have therapy usually in the home. Not to worry, early intervention can work wonders and that's why there is the program. I had a premie and he had the early intervention and is now 22.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Does your baby sit with support? If so, she is probably fine. Talk to the Dr if baby is very stiff, or floppy like a rag doll, if her head flops back when you try to pull her into a sitting position. Other "red flags": can't pick up an object and put it to her mouth, does not smile, laugh or squeal or only reaches with one hand.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My first daughter was slow to develop like this on everything, she ended up being diagnosed with mild autism. Something to keep in mind.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010