I'm going to Las Vegas, what should I bring?

Hubby and I are going away to Las Vegas for 4 nights, 5 days.
What should I bring this time of year?

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 11:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Travel

• Summer outfits. Sunscreen. Comfy shoes for walking.

Right now we are in triple digits so you want things that are good in heat.

For example...right now its almost 9am and already in the high 80's, our heat of the day is usually around 4-5p and from what I read its gonna be around 105 or so today.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Money and Asprin! LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Clothes for really really really hot weather and money. If you're going to be on the strip most of the time you don't really need anything else that you can't pick up inside the nearest casino/hotel lol except maybe comfortable walking shoes! We love going to Vegas but I refuse to go between June-September! I don't do well with extreme heat.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Hot dresses, and moneyyy :P
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Amaranth361 : I'm in NJ and we're in a heat wave. Ugh. I've heard it's a dry heat there (vs. humid here). Does it feel any different?
    ARmom

Comment by ARmom (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Comfortable shoes and dark sunglasses are a must here. Lots of walking and the sun is insanely bright! It's so bright it would hurt my eyes and give me a massive headache if I didn't wear dark sunglasses every day. Also make sure you wear sunscreen, because you can burn here in as little as 10-15 minutes. Have fun! Even in the summer, this is a great place to be.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• money and aspirin is what I was gonna say! alsoi it WILL BE HOT so bring appropraiate clothing ;)
    I wish I was going!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh and YES it feels completely different without humidity. The nights here are especially beautiful. It can be 90 degrees after the sun goes down and it doesn't feel hot at all. It's most comfortable here in the mid 80s to 90s which sounds hot but it's not.. I moved here from Northern Illinois, where the humidity is really high. It is completely different and so much more comfortable.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Dry heat will crack your lips and skin. Be sure to pack lotion, maybe some with sunscreen, and chapstick.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, its a dry heat but still hot LOL. Just might not sweat as much or feel that stickiness but your skin will dry out as will your lips.

So maybe add chapstick to the list LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010