Anyone have gastritis?

I was diagnosed with Gastritis a few weeks ago, and I have been on Zantac for about 2 weeks, and I still have the stomach discomfort, I hate to complain but I am so tired of it

tishmomof2

Asked by tishmomof2 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• I ahve Gostropathy. I don;t know if it's the same thing or not. I tried Nexium and Prilosec, and they both seemed to work for a short time. Now I take a shot of Aloe Vera Juice a day. It doesn't tastse wonderful, but it seems to help! My husband now takes it when he has an upset stomach.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the lining of the stomach. If you have been having problems for a few weeks and the medication isn't helping you probably need to have the cause of the gastritis found. This could mean special X-rays, blood tests, and an endoscope. It could be not your stomach at all. Problems with your gall bladder feels like stomach problems. Here is a link to WebMD with info that may help.

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-gastritis

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have had a endoscopy thats how it was diagnosed, ct scans, blood work , stool test everything. Ive been poked and prodded so much,, i think they gave me zantac because I am breastfeeding so Im limited to what I can take
    tishmomof2

Comment by tishmomof2 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Tish, I have it too. OMG since I was 11 I am now 23. It went away for 2 1/2 years after I had my DD. Recently I have been extreamly stressed and it came back with a vengence. They put me on Prilosec but it has not helped. I don't have much advice but you are not alone! IT is horrible! I mean I am woken up every morning and I sit up and actually cry in pain for about 20 mins or so and ity passes and I try and get a bit more sleep. I feel like crap all day I have lost about 10 lbs in the past week because I can't seem to eat much. Anyway I will see what others say and PM me maybe we can do some research and share.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Did I say something wrong?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2010