What did(do) you do for your little one when they were teething to help them sleep all night? (at least most ofthe night)

I have tried so many things but it seems like nothing is helping.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my dd a dose of infant tylenol before bed. That seemed to ease the pain a little longer than if I hadnt given it to her. She would still wake up crying and gnawing on her fingers (aww, poor baby) but she got several good hours of sleep in first..which was a good thing because before I was doing that, she would wake at least every hour. Good Luck..hope your little one gets through the teething quickly! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Some babies just seem to have a really tough time teething! My oldest was like that and we used to give him baby motrin. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I want to warn you about over medicating. A lot of the time you might get 30 minutes of relief. This is something you just have to wait out with lots of hugs and cuddles and cold teethers or frozen wash cloths.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I used teething tabs,, and if it was really bad children's tylenol,, also be sure your kiddo doesn't have an ear infection, sometimes teething seems to bring these on,,if your baby seems fine in the daytime, but not at night, it could be an ear infection,, the fluid settles when they are sleeping,,,so you might want to get him checked,, good luck momma!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• childrens tylenol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• There is little you can do, though cold chewing gives the most relief. Laying upright feels better than lying flat. Night is worse because there is nothing to distract from the ache. Avoid oragel it can make it worse, and numbs everything but where the pain is! If you nurse, that can give comfort.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Lots of nursing :-) Keep baby in bed with me so that I can comfort her before she completely wakes up and is screaming.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010