4th of July Plans?

What are your plans for the 4th? We're going swimming & then watch the fireworks be shot off the side of the mountain. Its awesome & the canyon makes the boom even more powerful!

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Every year the Chamber of Commerce spends THOUSANDS of dollars on fire-works and they shoot them off a boat on the lake. It really is beautiful. We've been every year, even last year. Even though it was the day after I got out of the hospital after having DD via c-section and I had to walk 2 miles WHILE carrying her in her car-seat! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Try and keep cool, and pray the neighbors are willing to stop the explosions by bed time, my kids are terrified of "boom booms" and my neighbors are assholes and throw them at our house!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My plan, like every year lately, is to sit around and think about all the things I should have planned to do for my birthday (July 6) but are too late to do now lol and then go watch fireworks on the bay and sit in 2 hours of traffic afterwards :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• on the 2nd, we are going swimming and BBQing at the town park/pool called bowline and then watching there fireworks show that night, the 3rd im not sure yet , and the 4th going to a family members 4th party and watching there fireworks show
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• hangin with tha in laws. lol probably watch the fire works on pike's peak. this is the first year here so i'm kinda excited about it! we live in an air force town so hopefully everyone goes all out!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We are going to cook out at my sister's house and later the kids will do some sparklers/fireworks. We are thinking of going to see the city fireworks if the kids want to-- (2 have sensory issues to noise)- so we won't be getting very close to the fireworks park. We will probably park in St. Mary's Church parking lot-- it is high up on a hill and has a perfect view of fireworks.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Going to my SIL's farm. We play volleyball, cook out, ride horses, have a bon fire, swim and have fireworks. It is a great time. I am leary of the holiday this year. Last year we did the same thing and the next morning I got a call saying my dad was found face down in his pool, so this July 5th is the one year aniv of his death...Fathers Day was hard enough....
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Good old fashioned 4th of july in our small town that only comes alive once a year. It's better then x-mas.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We're going to my inlaws beach house - can't wait! The town sets off fireworks at night and it looks beautiful over the water.

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• none we dont celebrate it .. im in the uk
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010