How can I clean soft baby toys with rattles inside?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hand wash with a little (and I mean little) bit of soap and water. Make sure its rinsed well, like squeeze it out. You could even just take a very wet soapy wash cloth and keep wiping it until it is clean.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 12:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Surface clean with a little 50/50 water vinegar.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Have you tried tying them up in a pillow case and washing them on delicate in the washer.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have some that I just throw into the washer and dryer. Feel the toy, and if you can feel that the rattle is encased in a plastic ball you can probably toss it into the wash.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have always just throw them in the washer.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I always hand wash all my DS toys in the sink besides things with electronics & batteries (obviously). I squeeze out the water and roll in a dry towel. Then I either throw them in the dryer on low (be careful some stuffed animal fur can melt), hang them from clip hangers in the laundry room or hang them outside in the sun. I'm a clean freak!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Because I have other kids coming over and sometimes other babies to babysit...I make a bucket of warm water mixed with a little bit of bleach and dish soap. I soak all the baby toys in the solution for about 1/2 hour then I wipe each one down really well and rinse VERY well in cold water then I lay them out on a towel on th ecounter to dry. It usually takes overnight to dry.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just throw mine in the washing machine. They still rattle. =)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd put them in the washer, possibly on delicate.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010